How to Install
WARNING: The plastic bag is not a toy. To avoid the danger of suffocation, keep away from babies and children. Do not use in cribs, beds, carriages or playpens. Dispose of properly.
Contents of package: two (2) Simply Dump It (SDI) wheelbarrow handle assemblies which consist of adapter, which slides on your handle, and grip which pivots for emptying your load, six (6) sizing shims (three for each side), two (2) 8-32 bolts and two (2) #8 nylock nuts.
Tools needed to assemble: Standard screwdriver, wrench, drill, 3/16” drill bit, rubber hammer (or hammer and block of wood). Sandpaper may be needed to prepare oversized handle surface.
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS ** Read ALL instructions before assembling.**
Fits most wheelbarrow handle sizes when installed properly using installation shims, if required, and securing with bolt and nut provided.
1. Place Simply Dump It (SDI) assemblies on your wheelbarrow handles to determine if SDI’s are snug with-out the use of sizing shims. If they are loose, skip to #3 below. DO NOT HAMMER OR POUND ON THE SDI UNIT. Align SDI so that the word “TOP” is up and centered on your wheelbarrow handle. Skip to number 4 to continue with the installation instructions.
2. If your wheelbarrow handle is too large for SDI, light sanding may be required for SDI to fit. To function safely and properly the bolt and nut are a required part of the installation. Skip to number 4 to continue with the installation instructions.
3. If adapter fits loosely on handle then sizing shims are required. Remove SDI from handle and separate the six sizing shims. Squeeze and slide sizing shim(s) one at a time into the adapter, reinstalling SDI after each shim inserted. If still loose, remove and continue placing shims, one at a time, until snug fit on handle is achieved, (offset open adjusting slot on sizing shims for solid spacing under SDI) and reinstall SDI. DO NOT HAMMER OR POUND ON SDI UNIT. Align SDI so that the word “TOP” is up and centered on your wheelbarrow handle. Light sanding may be required even if shims are used.
4. TO FUNCTION SAFELY AND PROPERLY THE BOLT AND NUT ARE A REQUIRED PART OF THE INSTALLATION.
5. Position 3/16” drill bit in drill over the letter “O” in the word “TOP” on the adapter and drill straight down completely through SDI and your wheelbarrow handle.
6. Place one (1) 8-32 bolt into hole and one (1) #8 nylock nut, applied snuggly with threads going completely through the nylock nut, on the bolt (both provided).
7. Your Simply Dump It wheelbarrow handle accessory is now ready to use and enjoy.
NOTE: To function safely and properly the bolt and nut are a required part of the installation. CAUTIONS: Nylon products may deteriorate and weaken with prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. Moving parts - may pinch fingers or other body parts. Minor children must be supervised when operating.